Monday, January 01, 2007

Getting a Hedda myself


Meet Hedda, who recently took up residence in my sewing room after we first met on eBay.

I'd been wanting one of these glass mannequin heads for some time. I thought she would come in handy for fitting and photographing chemotherapy caps, and I put her to use for that very purpose today.


I had enough of this pale blue geometric print to make several of these caps. Blue is a great choice for chemo caps because it's flattering on almost all patients. I want to dig out some more of my newly reorganized fabric to sew a few more hats to take to the cancer center next weekend. With Hedda so ably modeling them for me, I may even experiment with some embellishments on the band...

It's been so wonderful being off work for 10 days, but tomorrow it's time to head back to the office. Sigh. But I'm sure Hedda and Abigail will keep things in line in the sewing room while I'm away.

1 comment:

Joe said...

You have a Hedda steam on this project Anne.

I'll just Hedda back to my regular tasks now....