Sunday, March 11, 2007

Seventeen quilts

Last weekend’s quilt guild retreat was so much fun that it’s taken me a whole week to recover. OK, so I didn’t really need a whole week, but it was really fun nonetheless. Imagine a three-day, two-night slumber party with sewing machines. Who could ask for anything more?

We all worked on our own projects during the retreat, but there was plenty of time to put the finishing touches on some of our service project quilts for the county nursing home. I seem to be the collection point for everyone’s work, so I took advantage of a little sunshine this afternoon to photograph most of them.







Don’t start thinking this is all my work – it’s not! But isn’t it neat to see what happens when a couple of dozen quilters compile their scraps and a little time?


This stack of 17 quilts – plus a few more still being completed -- will go to the nursing home later this month. I’m looking forward to knowing that they’ll soon be exactly where they belong – not folded neatly in a colorful stack in my family room, but hopefully bringing a little warmth and cheer to folks who can really use just that.

4 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

Those are beautiful! I'm sure they will be used and well loved.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun - great quilts. I'm envious!

Anonymous said...

The look wonderful! The retreat sounds like lots of fun too.

Unknown said...

Wow ... those are all so beautiful. They will definitely bless the ones who receive them.
Retreats are so fun!!